Art Marketing News is introducing the “Selling Art Online Series” to benefit visual artists.
The series aims to provide artists with the knowledge and resources to create a successful online presence and maximize their sales potential. It is an ongoing research, investigation, and reporting project covering the best tools and tips for artists seeking to sell their artwork online.
The Selling Art Online Series aims to help artists of all levels and backgrounds. It provides a comprehensive guide to online art sales, from setting up your store to marketing your artwork. With the knowledge and insights you gain from this series, you’ll be able to create an effective online presence that will help you reach more customers and increase your sales potential.
Whether you’re just starting out or already have an established online presence, the Selling Art Online Series will help you take your business to the next level. Its comprehensive advice and resources will be an asset for any artist looking to make their mark in art sales.
The series will cover a range of topics, including:
- Researching online platforms: A comprehensive look at the various online galleries and e-commerce websites available for artists, including their target audience, fees, and marketing efforts.
- Online marketing and promotion: Tips and strategies for promoting your art online, including social media, email marketing, and online art communities.
- Building a professional online presence: How to create a website or online shop, set up a professional profile on your chosen platform, and use high-quality images to showcase your art.
- Pricing and shipping: A guide to pricing your art and understanding the rules and regulations surrounding shipping and handling.
- Best practices for selling art online: A collection of tips and advice from successful artists and experts in the field, including the importance of consistency in pricing, building a solid brand, and maintaining a professional online presence.
This ongoing series will provide artists with the knowledge and tools they need to succeed in selling their artwork online and reach a wider audience.
Why Some Artists May Not Need a Personal Website.
While having a personal artist’s website can benefit many artists, there are also reasons why some artists may choose not to have one. Some of these reasons include the following:
Being a newcomer: For artists just starting out, building a personal website can be a significant investment in time and resources. However, newcomers may not have the technical skills, financial resources, or experience needed to create a professional website and may opt to focus on other aspects of their art business.
Art hobbyist: For artists who create art and are not interested in promoting themselves or their artwork, a personal website may not be necessary. These artists may sell their work through other channels, such as local art shows or private networks, rather than investing in a website.
Lack of marketing skills: For artists lacking the marketing skills and knowledge needed to promote their website and artwork, a personal website may not be an effective tool. These artists may focus on other marketing efforts, such as participating in local art shows or reaching out to local galleries.
Focusing on other priorities: For artists with different priorities, such as raising a family, pursuing a full-time career, or caring for a loved one, creating and maintaining a personal website may not be a priority. Instead, these artists may focus their time and resources on other aspects of their life and art business.
And so, while having a personal artist’s website can benefit many artists, there are also reasons why some artists may choose not to have one. Whether or not an artist has a personal website depends on their goals, resources, and priorities, among other things.
Future Selling Art Online Series Posts.
While selling art online is an important component of any art marketing strategy it deserves much attention. But because art marketing encompasses much more than selling art online, you’ll find helpful posts with valuable insights and research on topics like these projected topics interspersed between our other essential art marketing subjects:
- How to Handle Returns and Exchanges in Your Online Art Business
- The Role of Email Marketing in Promoting Your Online Art Business
- The Importance of Building Relationships with Your Online Art Customers
- 10 Essential Elements of a Successful Online Art Portfolio
- The Pros and Cons of Selling Art on Online Marketplaces vs Personal Websites
- How to Create High-Quality Images for Your Online Art Gallery
- 7 Tips for Building a Strong Online Art Brand
- The Importance of Consistent Pricing for Artists Selling Online
- Maximizing the Reach of Your Online Art Business through Social Media Marketing
- How to Effectively Package and Ship Your Artwork for Online Sales