I took a walk in our nearby park this 7 days on the most perfect fall day. Temps ended up reduced 60’s, sky was bright blue, there was a slight breeze and just the smell of autumn in the air. The trees have been turning for two months now but on this working day, with the breeze, leaves have been fluttering to the floor all all around me.
I introduced a bag with me to obtain leaves, as just one does on best drop days, and I gathered so numerous that it felt like it weighed a number of lbs .. I promptly believed of the excellent plan for my huge bag of leaves…. a leaf wreath made with a wire hanger!
I very first noticed this leaf wreath notion many years ago on my close friend Gina’s site, Willowday. I realized it required a ton of leaves because they are stacked, and I’m commonly anyone who only collects what I can keep, so I have not had a possibility to provide household a huge leaf haul until now!
How to make a leaf wreath with a wire hanger:
1. Gather your leaves and set up them by color. I have to have collected a couple of hundred leaves at minimum, but truth be advised I *continue to* did not have ample. I had to cut my hanger a little shorter. So err on the facet of too a lot!
2. Use needle nose pliers to untwist the prime of the wire hanger. Use your individual hands to bend out the kinks, then to bend it into a circle. To cut the wire hanger (which you will likely have to do unless you acquired hundreds of leaves!), just bend back again and forth a few moments in just one location and it will split. You can do this by hand or with the pliers. (You can also use floral wire, like this vine-protected sort, alternatively of a hanger.)
3. Start off stacking and threading the leaves onto the wire hanger. It’s very quick to do, you can do a bunch at a time.
4. Thread them upside down until eventually you get midway, then thread them suitable side up.
6. When you are done threading, use the pliers to bend the conclude into a minimal loop, then hook it at the top to safe the ring.
This wreath will begin to dry up very speedily and the colors will fade. If you want the coloration to last, test dipping the leaves in beeswax first!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Did you like this write-up? Right here are some a lot more art tips with leaves: